Dr. Ushita K. Patel, DPM received her doctorate in podiatric medicine from Temple University in 2012, where she earned multiple awards for academic performance and clinical research. She completed a 3-year hospital-based interdisciplinary residency in podiatric medicine and surgery at Long Island Jewish-Northshore Health System located in Nassau County, NY. She has also earned a degree from the University of Toronto.
In her free time, Dr. Patel enjoys participating in Podiatric associations, cooking, craft projects, travel, hiking, sewing, and art.
She joined the team of SynergyHealth Foot & Ankle with a special interest in the treatment of foot and ankle injuries and deformities, sports-related injuries, wound care and limb salvage, and preventative care for patients of all ages.
Dr. Patel has primary privileges at:
- Johnston-Willis Hospital (HCA)
- Chippenham Hospital (HCA)
- Parham Doctors’ Hospital (HCA)
- Henrico Doctors’ Hospital (HCA)
- Bon Secours St. Francis Medical Center
- Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical Center
Dr. Patel is the State Treasurer of the Virginia Podiatric Medical Association (VPMA), and is a member of the following associations:
- American Board of Podiatric Medicine (ABPM)
- American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA)
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery (ABFAS)
- American Society of Podiatric Surgeons (ASPS)